Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Change in the Forecast

October 2014 is our 6th anniversary of living aboard Troubadour.
Grand Anse Beach
When you last heard from us, I was still in the U.S. visiting family and friends, and Chris was onboard Troubadour after also joining me there for some time.

I arrived back to my Caribbean home on Troubadour in Mt. Hartman Bay, Grenada at the end of August. We've been enjoying the summer and fall activities of cruiser life here in what's known (affectionately?) as "Camp Grenada". The weather, although, quite hot, has been lovely - 86 degrees every day, sunny and breezy.

Our days have been filled with the usual boat maintenance and grocery shopping, to social activities, such as movie nights and pizza nights, or the occasional beach day at Hog Island. I've engaged in few sewing projects and have been leading a weekly yoga class of regular cruisers. Chris organized the weekly Texas Hold 'em games and played in the music jams at Whisper Cove Marina and the Grenada National Museum.

A serendipitous happening changed our plans slightly, and I will be flying back to the states for another long visit. Chris was offered a position as Chief Mate on the Windjammer, tall sailing ship, Sagitta. Sagitta home ports in Philipsburg, St. Maarten and Rodney Bay, St. Lucia. Chris will be sailing the Leewards and French West Indies as part of a ten person crew, attending to guests and occasionally playing the guitar or ukulele. This is a great opportunity for him, and he is really enjoying it.

Rather than stay onboard Troubadour on my own (although I am more than taken care of by my cruising family) I have chosen to head back to Wisconsin and then Florida until mid-December. Troubadour will be in good hands and watched over by management of Survival Anchorage in Mt. Hartman Bay.

I realize the shift from 86°F/28°C to (a "high" in Wisconsin of) 56°F/11°C will be a shock; but I know in my heart I will be warm and toasty being with friends and family again.

Enjoy these pictures from this summer in Grenada.

The Radisson on Grand Anse Beach
Mt.Hartman Bay
For my brother Pat, the sign is already there, you can move right in!
St. George's Anchorage
Flowering trees in bloom, everywhere!
Secret Harbour Yogis
Dedicated Yogis at Secret Harbour

Sagitta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sailing Blogs